This pizza dip is perfect for parties and buffet tables. It combines all the best elements of pizza without any crust at all!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
There are so many low carb pizza crust alternatives out there, but why not remove the crust altogether, and turn it into a dip? The key to keeping this dip low carb is the pasta sauce – which often contains high amounts of sugar. Why not try these low carb/sugar free options from Bella Vita or Hunt’s? Or you could make your own. 😉
This is the basic idea:
- Spread cream cheese over the base of an oven-proof dish
- Cover with tomato pasta sauce
- Sprinkle with grated cheese
- Broil until melted and bubbly
Easy, right??! You can also mix in extra ingredients to your pasta sauce like Italian seasoning, fresh herbs or cayenne. I have also tried making this in the microwave but found it does have a tendency to spit and make a huge mess of the microwave! You can also used canned tomato sauce with added seasoning.
To serve the pizza dip, here are some ideas:
- Celery sticks
- Flaxseed crackers
- Cucumber sticks
- Pepperoni chips
- Baby romaine lettuce leaves
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Vegetable chips
- You could even wrap it in a low carb tortilla!
Thank you to Robin Basney for the inspiration for this recipe!Low Carb Pizza Dip - who needs dough? #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 1 cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread the cream cheese over the base of an oven-proof dish.
- Mix together the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning, then pour over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese and place it under the broiler until the cheese is melting and bubbly.
4g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!
Check out my Low Carb Chips & Dips Ebook!
Do you love chips and dips? Check out my mini ebook for more low carb recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!