This pizza dip combines all the best elements of a pizza – without any crust at all! Keto, LCHF and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
There are so many low carb pizza crust alternatives out there, but why not remove the crust altogether, and turn it into a dip? The key to keeping this dip low carb is the tomato sauce – you could also use pasta sauce but they often contains high amounts of sugar. Why not try these low carb/sugar free options from Bella Vita or Hunt's? Or you could make your own. 😉
How to Make a Low Carb Pizza Dip
Spread cream cheese over the base of an oven-proof dish.
Mix together the canned tomato sauce with the herbs. Pour it over the cream cheese.
Sprinkle with shredded cheese (mozzarella is perfect).
Broil until melted and bubbly. Some fresh basil leaves make a nice garnish!
Easy, right??! There's something about how the tomato and cream cheese blend into each other that is fantastically addictive! Oh, and I have also tried making this in the microwave but found it does have a tendency to spit and make a huge mess of the microwave!
To serve the pizza dip, here are some ideas:
- Celery sticks
- Flaxseed crackers
- Cucumber sticks
- Pepperoni chips
- Baby romaine lettuce leaves
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Vegetable chips
- Low carb corn chips from Netrition – as shown in these photos – I’m afraid they’re not gluten free, though
Low Carb Pizza Dip - who needs the crust? #lowcarb #lchf #keto #glutenfree Click To Tweet
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup canned tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread the cream cheese over the base of an oven-proof dish.
- Mix together the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning, then pour over the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese and place it under the broiler until the cheese is melting and bubbly.
3g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the dip
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 42mgSodium 339mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 5g