These low carb scones are flavored with cranberry and orange and are perfect for a sweet treat! Gluten free, sugar free, and keto friendly recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided with this book from Harmony Books free of charge in exchange for my fair and honest review. Please see my disclosure policy. This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Do you follow the keto blog Wholesome Yum? It was created by my friend Maya, and she specializes in simple low carb recipes, all with 10 ingredients or less. So I was delighted to receive a copy of her new book: Easy Keto Cookbook.
It features 100 recipes, with a handy introduction to all things keto and beautiful photography. Recipes include Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Omelet, Spaghetti Squash Ramen Soup, Tuscan Garlic Chicken Casserole, Crispy Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings, and Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza!
The recipe that I really wanted to try – mainly because it is perfect for this time of year – is her Cranberry-Orange Scones. Although her original recipe is dairy free, I switched the coconut oil for butter, but obviously feel free to switch it back if you prefer!
How to Make Low Carb Scones with Cranberry and Orange
You can enjoy these low carb scones for breakfast, or whenever you feel in the need for a sweet snack!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup Lakanto, or alternative low carb granular sweetener
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - almond flour, low carb sweetener, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter (or coconut oil for dairy free), orange zest, vanilla and egg.
- Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients until a dough forms. It should be dense and pliable, but not crumbly. If it's too dry, add more melted butter or coconut oil.
- Finally, press the cranberries into the dough. Place it onto a baking pan lined with a silicone mat. Flatten into a disc shape - about 1" thick and 6" in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges and move the pieces about 1" apart.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool completely on the pan - they will firm up as they cool down.
5g net carbs per scone (this recipe make 8 low carb scones).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 scone
Amount Per Serving Calories 223Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 36mgSodium 119mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 7g
This recipe has been reproduced with the permission of the book's author and publisher.
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!