This baked avocado is loaded with cheese and bacon! It makes a fantastic low carb alternative to a baked potato and is an easy lunch for one!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So…. I had an amazing idea for making a low carb version of loaded baked potatoes – but using avocado. I recently posted my recipe for Loaded Cauliflower Mash – and without realizing it I’ve used lots of the same toppings! Can’t go far wrong with bacon and cheese, I guess!
Avocado is a surprisingly good replacement for a baked potato, if you can get over the idea of eating it warm – which I know that some of you aren’t keen on! If you DO like avocado warm – you just HAVE to try my Avocado Fries! Seriously moreish!
How to Make a Loaded Baked Avocado
Place a ripe avocado (stone removed and halved) on a baking sheet, cut side up. You might like to skim a little of the skin off the base so that the avocado stands level. Broil for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. Use a fork to gently mash the avocado in it’s skin, seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer one half of the avocado flesh to the top of the other, and discard the empty skin.
Sprinkle the avocado with cheese (I used mozzarella), and then return it to the broiler until melted.
Add some bacon bits and chives over the top of the cheese, then you can dig in!
This would be lovely with a dollop of sour cream, too!
Loaded Baked Avocado
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 avocado halved and stone removed
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs shredded cheese
- 1 tbs bacon bits
- 1 tsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the broiler (overhead grill).
- Place the avocado on a baking sheet, cut side up. Broil for 2-3 minutes until warm through.
- Use a fork to gently mash the avocado in it's skin, seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer one half of the avocado flesh to the top of the other.
- Add the cheese and then return the avocado to the broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle the bacon and chives over the top to finish.
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!
Check out my Low Carb Ebook - all Five Ingredients or Less!
If you're too tired or too busy to prepare complicated low carb meals, then this is the recipe book for you!