These low carb shrimp cups are a fantastic appetizer recipe! The cups are made from tortillas, then filled with a creamy shrimp mixture, then baked to perfection!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
In these uncertain times it does feel strange to be suggesting appetizer recipes… but we all know that there WILL come a time when we'll be back to normal. And I really don't want to JUST make recipes that serve two people! So if you like this idea, bookmark it or pin it for later.
This recipe is surprisingly easy to make, and both the cups and filling can be made a few hours in advance. The original recipe that I adapted this from used wonton wrappers, and I figured that squares of low carb tortillas would work just as well!
How to Make Low Carb Shrimp Cups
For the filling, you'll need some cooked fresh shrimp. I would highly recommend buying the shrimp on the day that you plan to serve this appetizer.
Remove the tails (if necessary), and chop the shrimp finely. Add softened cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, garlic paste, and finely chopped green onions. Stir to combine, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside (or store in the fridge for up to three hours).
Note: If you don't like wasting the off-cuts from the tortillas, tidy them up and use them to make low carb tortilla chips!
Press the squares into a mini muffin pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Lightly spray the cups, then bake in a preheated oven for five minutes. Divide the filling between the cups, then return them to the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas start to darken.
Oh – and if you have any leftover filling it's really good in a lettuce wrap!
Serve the shrimp cups warm.
Enjoy the crisp tortilla cup filled with creamy shrimp!
This appetizer should be eaten the same day that it's made and not reheated.
You might also like my Chipotle Shrimp Taco Cups!
- non-stick cooking spray
- 10 oz cooked shrimp, shell and tails removed
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- salt and black pepper
- 4 (8") low carb tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 24-hole mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- Chop the shrimp finely, and combine with the cream cheese, shredded mozzarella, green onions, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Use a square cookie cutter to make the cups. With a 2¼" cutter you should be able to get six squares from each tortilla.
- Press the squares into the mini muffin pan. Lightly spray the cups, then bake for 5 minutes.
- Divide the filling between the cups, then return them to the oven for 4-5 minutes or until the edges of the tortillas start to darken.
- Serve the shrimp cups warm.
5g net carbs per serving of four cups.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 4 Cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5.5gCholesterol 125mgSodium 820mgCarbohydrates 15gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 10gSugar 1gProtein 17g