This cheesy spaghetti squash casserole is a delicious side dish that goes well with any roasted meat! Low carb, gluten free, and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Casseroles are great for the fall and winter – which just happens to be when spaghetti squash is in season! This recipe is loaded with cheese and is super comforting and filling!
Note: For this recipe you'll need to start with cooked spaghetti squash. As there are many different methods, please refer to my post How to Cook Spaghetti Squash for more information – as there are too many details to include here!
How Many Carbs in Spaghetti Squash?
One cup (approx 100g) of spaghetti squash contains 5.5g net carbs – whereas a cup of regular spaghetti contains 40.5g net carbs! If you're reading my blog and considering spaghetti squash carbs are probably on your mind! If you're on keto spaghetti squash can add up fast, but for a side dish recipe like this it's more manageable than when it's the main ingredient of a meal.
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Casserole
Add the cooked spaghetti squash to a large bowl, together with shredded cheese (mozzarella or Italian blend would work well), garlic paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Cover with foil and roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, add more cheese (hoorah!), and return to the oven uncovered until the cheese has melted and starting to turn golden brown – about 5-8 minutes.
Allow the casserole to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
You can absolutely prepare this casserole in advance – making it perfect for serving at family gatherings, weeknight dinners or even Thanksgiving! Just prepare up to the end of step 3, then cover and store in the fridge until required. You may need to extend the baking time, so make sure it is fully warmed through before serving.
Love casseroles? Check out all my low carb casseroles!
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash, see separate recipe
- 1½ cups shredded cheese, divided
- 2 tsp garlic paste, or minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chicken broth, or vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash to a large bowl, together with one cup of the cheese (mozzarella or Italian blend would work well), garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, beat together the egg and broth. Add this to the spaghetti squash and mix well. Spoon the squash into a small baking dish.
- Cover with foil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, add the remaining cheese, and return to the oven uncovered until the cheese has melted and starting to turn golden brown - about 5-8 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
6g net carbs per serving (a quarter of the recipe - approximately one cup)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 170 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 6g Cholesterol 74mg Sodium 399mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 6g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Protein 11g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!