This delicious gooey strawberry quesadilla is the perfect dessert for those following a low carb lifestyle.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These sweet quesadillas are perfect for a treat! They’re pretty quick to make too – I’ve made them for a dinner party dessert because so little preparation and cooking time is required.
Mix together some thinly sliced strawberries and mascarpone in a bowl. Mascarpone is the soft, creamy cheese used in tiramisu – it has a mild, slightly sweet flavor which means it works well for desserts as well as savory dishes. But if you don’t have it, you could substitute softened cream cheese.
Place another tortilla on top, and dust it with a little sweetener – xylitol works well or you could even use confectioner’s style Swerve. Get a frying pan nice and hot, then dry-fry the quesadilla sweetener-side down for about two minutes. Dust some more sweetener over the top of the tortilla that is now on top, flip over the whole thing and cook for another two minutes. The sweetener will slightly caramelize and the filling will be warm and gooey.
Remove from the heat, cut into wedges, and serve.
Low Carb Strawberry Quesadilla #lowcarb Click To Tweet
Low Carb Strawberry QuesadillaPrint
- 2 low carb tortillas
- ¼ cup mascarpone approx 50g or cream cheese
- 3 strawberries thinly sliced approx 50g
- 1 tsp sweetener eg xylitol or Swerve, divided
- Mix the strawberries and mascarpone together in a bowl, then spread over one of the tortillas.
- Cover with the second tortilla and sprinkle half the sweetener over the top.
- Dry fry in a hot frying pan (sweetener side down) for two minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining half teaspoon of sweetener onto the other tortilla, flip over the quesadilla and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cut into wedges, and serve.
7g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!