This delicious gooey strawberry quesadilla is the perfect dessert for those following a low carb lifestyle. A sugar free recipe with video tutorial!
This post may contain affiliate links.
These sweet quesadillas are perfect for a treat! They're pretty quick to make too – I've served them at a Mexican-themed dinner party as dessert – because so little preparation and cooking time is required.
Watch the video tutorial or scroll down for the full details and printable recipe card!
How to Make a Low Carb Strawberry Quesadilla
Mix together some thinly sliced strawberries and mascarpone in a bowl. Mascarpone is the soft, creamy cheese that is used in tiramisu – it has a mild, slightly sweet flavor which means it works well for desserts as well as savory dishes. But if you don't have it, you could substitute softened cream cheese.
Place another tortilla on top, and dust it with a little sweetener – Lakanto works well (get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC), or you could even use confectioner's style Swerve. Get a non-stick skillet nice and hot, then dry-fry the quesadilla sweetener-side down for about two minutes. Dust some more sweetener over the top of the tortilla that is now on top, flip over the whole thing and cook for another two minutes. The sweetener will slightly caramelize and the filling will be warm and gooey.
Remove from the heat, cut into wedges, and serve.
Low Carb Strawberry Quesadilla #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 2 low carb tortillas
- ¼ cup mascarpone, or cream cheese
- 3 strawberries thinly sliced, (approx 50g)
- 1 tsp Lakanto, or similar sweetener, divided
- Mix the strawberries and mascarpone together in a bowl, then spread over one of the tortillas.
- Cover with the second tortilla and sprinkle half the sweetener over the top.
- Dry fry in a hot non-stick skillet (sweetener side down) for two minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining half teaspoon of sweetener onto the other tortilla, flip over the quesadilla and cook for another two minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cut into wedges, and serve.
7g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 212Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 28mgSodium 215mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 10gProtein 5g