This low carb turkey casserole is packed with tasty spinach and cheese for a super delicious meal! Keto, gluten free, and LCHF recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Ground turkey is super cheap so it's great for when you're feeding a family. This meal comes together pretty quickly, and then you can just let the casserole bake in the oven while you get on with something else. The crispy cheese topping works perfectly with the soft turkey and spinach below – it's definitely a great combination of textures and flavors!
Love casseroles? Check out all my low carb casseroles!
How to Make a Low Carb Turkey Casserole with Cheese and Spinach
To prepare the casserole, brown some ground turkey in a large skillet. Drain any excess liquid.
Add cream cheese and fresh baby spinach, and continue to cook until the cream cheese has melted and the spinach has wilted. Beat an egg, then add it to the turkey mixture, together with some shredded cheddar cheese and stir well. (I'll admit that it's not super beautiful at this stage, but stay with me!)
Season with black pepper, then transfer it to a baking dish. Cover the casserole with extra cheese, then bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Serve this low carb turkey casserole with a salad or your favorite low carb side dish!
Note: I've written in the recipe card that this serves four people, but if you were super hungry and shared this whole casserole between just two people, the carb count wouldn't be too crazy. Although you'd be VERY full!!!
Check out all my ground turkey keto recipes!
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 oz fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Brown the ground turkey in a large skillet. Drain any excess liquid.
- Add the cream cheese and fresh baby spinach, and continue to cook until the cream cheese has melted and the spinach has wilted.
- Beat an egg, then add it to the turkey mixture, together with half of the shredded cheddar cheese and stir well.
- Season with black pepper, then transfer it to a baking dish. Cover the casserole with the remaining cheese, then bake for 20 minutes.
2g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 164mgSodium 356mgCarbohydrates 2gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 37g