This low carb white pizza is made with FatHead dough, then loaded with chicken and spinach! Gluten free, LCHF and keto recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
One of the first uses for FatHead dough was pizza. And of all the recipes I've worked on recently – it's one of the few things I haven't made! If you want to know more about FatHead dough, check out my Ultimate Guide:
However, I decided to make a white pizza instead of a tomato one. It uses a version of my low carb white sauce – so if you want to know more about it then check out my recipe for more details.
The downside to the white sauce is that it's fairly high in fat compared to a tomato sauce (although lower in carbs), so when you add it to the FatHead dough pizza crust, the whole thing is seriously low-carb-high-fat! I've suggested that a serving size for this pizza is a quarter of the pizza, because of that. If you're enjoying it with fellow keto followers, then you could divide it two or three ways instead. But if serving it for a lunch for four, you'll still find it pretty filling, just add a side salad to round things out a little.
Here's my video on how to make Fathead dough!
How to Make Low Carb White Pizza with Chicken and Spinach
Once you have made the FatHead dough, press it into a circle on a non-stick pizza pan. From one batch of dough I can make a 10″ pizza. Use a fork to dock holes in the dough to help it cook evenly.
Cook in a preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to turn light golden brown all over.
Meanwhile, make the white pizza sauce by combining cream cheese, heavy cream and water in a small saucepan. You could also add some garlic to the sauce if you like! Cook until the cream cheese has melted, then add a little grated Parmesan to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the sauce over the partly cooked pizza base.
Add some cooked chicken and fresh baby spinach leaves, then return the pizza to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken has warmed through. Garnish your low carb white pizza with fresh basil and extra black pepper.
Serve with your favorite side salad!
For the FatHead dough
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
For the white pizza sauce
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs water
- 1 tbs grated Parmesan
- salt and black pepper, to taste
For the topping
- 2-3 oz cooked chicken
- ¼ cup fresh baby spinach
- black pepper and fresh basil , to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- To make the dough, place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then another cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in the beaten egg and almond flour.
- Let the dough cool slightly, then knead until smooth. Add a little extra almond flour if the dough is too sticky, then knead again.
- Press the dough into a 10" circle on a non-stick pizza pan. Use a fork to dock holes in the dough to help it cook evenly.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to turn light golden brown all over.
- Meanwhile, make the white pizza sauce by combining cream cheese, heavy cream and water in a small saucepan. You could also add some garlic to the sauce if you like!
- Cook until the cream cheese has melted, then add a little grated Parmesan to thicken the sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the sauce over the pizza base, then add some cooked chicken and fresh baby spinach leaves.
- Return the pizza to the oven and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken has warmed through.
- Garnish the pizza with fresh basil and extra black pepper, then cut into 8 slices.
4g net carbs per serving of two slices.
Please note that this recipe is very high in fat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the pizza
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 119mgSodium 374mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 17g
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!