These tasty little witch fingers are a super-fun snack to serve at Halloween! They're made from fathead dough – so they're low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly too.
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you're like me and LOVE Halloween, you'll also love these witch's fingers! They're made from Fathead dough, with added seasonings like garlic and herbs.
If you haven't tried Fat Head dough, read all about it here!
Once the dough is made, it is formed into “fingers” and a bright red fingernail added – made from red bell pepper! These spooky snacks are actually pretty quick to prepare! Check out all my low carb Halloween recipes!
Here's my video showing how to make the basic dough – but keep reading to see how to use it for this recipe!
How to Make Witch Fingers
Make the fathead dough as normal, but when you add the almond flour and cream cheese, add some garlic paste and Italian seasoning. Knead to ensure the dough is fully combined.
Divide the dough into 16 sections, roll each one into a finger-sized log, and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. They really don't have to be uniform or perfect – they are witch's fingers after all!
Halve a red bell pepper and remove the seeds from one side (keep the other side for another recipe). Cut it into 16 small triangles and push each one onto the end of the dough logs.
They look pretty good even when raw!
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown at the edges. Serve warm with low carb salsa or marinara.
I love the Green Mountain Gringo salsa – available from Netrition in mild, medium, or hot – and only 2g net carbs per serving of two tablespoons!
Your guests will love these fun bread sticks – kids as well as adults!
If you have any leftovers, just warm them up in the microwave. It doesn't take long!
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- ½ red bell pepper, seeds removed
- low carb salsa or marinara, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then cook for another 30 seconds.
- Stir in the almond flour, beaten egg, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Knead until smooth. Add a little extra almond flour if the dough is too sticky, then knead again.
- Divide the dough into 16 sections, roll each one into a finger-sized log, and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. They really don't have to be uniform or perfect - they are witch's fingers after all!
- Cut the red pepper into 16 small triangles and push each one onto the end of the dough logs.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown at the edges.
- Serve warm with low carb salsa or marinara.
3.5g net carbs per serving of two "fingers".
Salsa not included.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 "fingers"
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 37mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 3.5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.