Baked feta cheese is a fantastic low carb appetizer with Mediterranean flavors such as olives, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and oregano!
This post may contain affiliate links.
I love using feta cheese in Greek-inspired recipes such as low carb Mediterranean quesadillas, Greek souvlaki chicken wings, and baked shrimp with feta. Usually with these dishes, the feta is just a component of the overall dish – and I've finally made it into the star!
Once baked, it becomes soft – great for scooping up onto low carb chips or crunchy veggies! If you try it, let me know what you think in the comments!
How to Cook Mediterranean Baked Feta
Place a block of feta into an oven-safe dish – something that's only a little larger than the cheese. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic paste, and dried oregano.
Add some pitted mixed olives and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl (with a little of the tomato oil), season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine. Make sure to use pitted olives – the first time I made this I used whole olives and it was a disaster! Also, you can increase the quantity of tomatoes used if not all your guests are low carbers – they taste great but the carbohydrates add up fast.
Spoon the olive mixture over the cheese, ensuring the top surface of the feta is covered in oil.
Bake uncovered in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. After this time the cheese will be soft and warm, and will be infused with all the fantastic flavors of the olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
I garnished the feta with a sprig of fresh oregano – but that is completely optional.
Try serving this dish with some low carb bagel chips!
- 8 oz block feta cheese
- 4 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 4 oz mixed olives, pitted
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes plus 1 tbs of the oil
- salt and black pepper
- low carb bagel chips, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Place the feta into an oven-safe dish - something that's only a little larger than the cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic paste, and dried oregano.
- Add some pitted mixed olives and chopped sun-dried tomatoes to the bowl (with a little of the tomato oil), season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Spoon the olive mixture over the cheese, ensuring the top surface of the feta is covered in oil.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes, then serve warm with the low carb bagel chips.
5g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe, not including the bagel chips)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 50mgSodium 775mgCarbohydrates 6.4gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 1.4gSugar 4gProtein 8.8g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.