Roasted asparagus with bacon is a delicious and very easy side dish recipe that's naturally low in carbohydrates!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I'm pretty sure that this isn't a traditional side dish for Thanksgiving – but it's one of the dishes I'm making this year! Apart from the bright pop of color from the low carb cranberry sauce, Thanksgiving dinners can be rather orangey-brown.
I wanted something bright green to give contrast – and this asparagus dish can mostly be prepared in advance and doesn't take long to cook. Absolutely perfect for when there is so much else going on!
Check out all my low carb Thanksgiving recipes!
How to Make Roasted Asparagus with Bacon
Make the garlic oil by whisking garlic paste into some olive oil in a large bowl.
Trim the woody ends from some fresh asparagus and place them in the bowl. Toss to coat in the oil.
Transfer the asparagus to a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
Roast in a preheated oven for 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the stalks and personal preference. Meanwhile, roughly chop some bacon and fry it until crispy.
Place the asparagus on a serving platter, drain the cooked bacon on paper towels, and sprinkle the bacon over the asparagus.
You could even use bacon bits if you were short on time – but I think cooked bacon is much better!
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (approx. 9 oz when trimmed)
- salt and black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Make the garlic oil by whisking the garlic paste into the oil in a large bowl.
- Trim the woody ends from the asparagus and place them in the bowl. Toss to coat in the oil.
- Transfer the asparagus to a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 8-15 minutes, depending on thickness of the stalks and personal preference.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop some bacon and fry it until crispy.
- Place the asparagus on a serving platter, drain the cooked bacon on paper towels, and sprinkle the bacon over the asparagus.
The recipe can be prepared in advance up to end of step 4.
2.1 g net carbs per serving (quarter of the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 141Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2.5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 11mgSodium 425mgCarbohydrates 3.4gNet Carbohydrates 2.1gFiber 1.3gSugar 0gProtein 5.5g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.