This low carb shrimp dish features a delicious tomato cream sauce that has hints of garlic and paprika.
This post may contain affiliate links.
The flavors in this dish remind me of Spanish tapas, and I hope you will love this recipe as much as I do! It can be served in so many ways – keep reading to find out how you can enjoy this tasty shrimp meal!
Check out all my low carb shrimp recipes!
How to Make Low Carb Shrimp with Tomato Cream Sauce
Melt some butter in a saucepan and add some minced garlic. I use the ready prepared kind as I know I'd never get the pieces that small if I were chopping it myself! Add a chopped tomato, tomato paste, chicken stock, heavy cream and paprika. Bring to the boil and let simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Then add some raw shrimp (I remove the shells but keep the tails – but of course it is up to you whether you do the same!).
Bring the mixture to a boil again, and cook until the shrimp are done. Check for seasoning then serve, sprinkled with a little extra paprika and some fresh parsley.
Amazing #lowcarb shrimp with tomato cream and garlic sauce! Click To Tweet
There are so many ways to serve this! Try these:
- Over cauliflower rice
- Over shirataki noodles
- With sauteed zucchini or zoodles
- As part of a tapas meal
- Add fresh cilantro and serve as part of a Mexican meal
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp paprika
- 8 oz raw shrimp, deveined and shell removed
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and cook the garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato, tomato paste, chicken broth, heavy cream and paprika. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are done. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve, sprinkled with a little paprika and garnished with parsley.
4g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 284Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 341mgSodium 1173mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 24g