This low carb shrimp dish features a delicious tomato cream sauce that has hints of garlic and paprika.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This dish can be served in so many ways – keep reading to find out how you can enjoy this tasty shrimp meal!
Melt some butter in a saucepan and add some minced garlic. I use the ready prepared kind as I know I’d never get the pieces that small if I were chopping it myself! Add a chopped tomato, tomato paste, chicken stock, heavy cream and paprika. Bring to the boil and let simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
Then add some raw shrimp (I remove the shells but keep the tails – but of course it is up to you whether you do the same!).
Bring the mixture to a boil again, and cook until the shrimp are done. Check for seasoning then serve, sprinkled with a little extra paprika and some fresh parsley.
Amazing #lowcarb shrimp with tomato cream and garlic sauce! Click To Tweet
There are so many ways to serve this! Try these:
- Over cauliflower rice
- Over shirataki noodles
- With sauteed zucchini or zoodles
- As part of a tapas meal
- Add fresh cilantro and serve as part of a Mexican meal
Shrimp with Tomato Cream SaucePrint
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 medium tomato finely chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ tsp paprika
- 8 oz raw shrimp deveined and shell removed
- salt and black pepper
- fresh parsley chopped
- Melt the butter in a large skillet and cook the garlic for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato, tomato paste, chicken broth, heavy cream and paprika. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp are done.
- Serve sprinkled with a little paprika and garnished with parsley.
4g net carbs per serving