This low carb ham and egg casserole is made in the slow cooker – perfect for brunch! Keto, LCHF, and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
A meal cooked in the slow cooker isn't always convenient for breakfast – but for brunch it is perfect! Just tip everything in, and set it cooking. Try and get some really good ham for this recipe – you want off the bone style or ham steaks rather than thinly sliced deli ham.
Check out all my low carb brunch recipes!
How to Make Slow Cooker Ham and Egg Casserole
Add some butter to the bowl of your slow cooker and let it melt. I have a small 3 quart slow cooker which works very well for this recipe but you could also use an Instant Pot as shown in the photos. You could use some additional non-stick spray as eggs DO have a tendency to cement themselves to the bowl!
Trim the ham and chop it into cubes, then slice some green onions. Add both to the slow cooker / Instant Pot bowl. In a large jug, beat some eggs and cream together, then pour it over the ham. Add some shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend of cheese but cheddar or pepper jack would work well too!) and season with black pepper.
Mix well, then cook on high heat for one hour, then give everything a good stir (use the slow cooker function if you're using an Instant Pot). This helps to ensure even cooking.
Continue to cook for another 15-30 minutes depending on how firm you like your eggs.
Serve and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Ham and Egg Casserole - an ideal #lowcarb #brunch recipe Click To Tweet
Love casseroles? Check out all my low carb casseroles!
- 1 tbs butter
- non-stick cooking spray, optional
- 1 lb ham, trimmed and chopped into cubes
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- black pepper
- Add the butter to a slow cooker bowl and let it melt. Alternatively, melt some butter using the Saute function of an Instant Pot. Spray the bowl with additional non-stick spray.
- Add the ham, and green onions to the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and cream together in a jug, then pour it over the ham.
- Add the cheese and black pepper, then stir well to mix.
- Cook on high for 1 hour and stir well to ensure even cooking (use the slow cooker function if you're using an Instant Pot).
- Cook on high for another 15-30 minutes, depending on how firm you prefer the eggs to be cooked.
3g net carbs per serving (approximately 1½ cups)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1½ cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 459Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 404mgSodium 1427mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 42g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.