This sugar free and low carb berry sauce is made in the slow cooker. Very easy and super delicious!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This sauce is SO easy to make! Just dump the fruit and some sweetener into a slow cooker – and let it go to work! Here are some ways to use this sauce:
- Over vanilla ice cream (low carb store-bought brands I love are Breyer’s CarbSmart, HaloTop and Arctic Zero)
- In a crepe
- Over low carb waffles
- As a layer in a breakfast parfait with nuts and Greek yogurt – see my recipe here!
- You could even add it to your favorite protein smoothie!
To make the sauce I added fresh blueberries, blackberries and strawberries to a slow cooker. I have a small 3 quart slow cooker which is perfect for this sauce. I hulled the strawberries with my trusty strawberry huller! If you don’t have one, I highly recommend them! They ARE uni-taskers, but they’re small, inexpensive and work so well!
I also added some low carb sweetener – use whichever one you prefer! I cooked the sauce on low heat for around 3 hours. Towards the end of the cooking time I sprinkled over a pinch of xanthan gum. This makes the sauce slightly more jam-like, without adding taste or carbs. It is totally optional though, as it depends on what consistency of sauce you prefer.
Spoon the sauce into a jar and let cool. Store in the fridge until required.Low Carb Berry Sauce #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
Low Carb Berry SaucePrint
- 8 oz fresh strawberries hulled and halved
- 6 oz fresh blackberries
- 4 oz fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup low carb sweetener
- pinch of xanthan gum optional
- Add the berries and low carb sweetener to a slow cooker.
- Cook for 3 hours on a low heat.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, stir in the xanthan gum (if using) to thicken the sauce.
4g net carbs per serving based on 8 generous servings!