These bacon-wrapped zucchini are naturally low in carbs, easy to make, and always a crowd-pleaser! Keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
What I particularly love about this dish is that your guests can completely see what they're getting. They know it's going to be good! They're great served for game day, parties, or pretty much any gathering. And the recipe is super easy to double or treble, too!
How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Zucchini
Cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters.
Season generously with black pepper, then wrap each one in a slice of bacon, and place it on a non-stick baking sheet.
Roast in a preheated oven for around 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
Meanwhile, make the dip by combining sour cream, chopped green onions, and black pepper. For a dairy free option you could use barbecue sauce or anything else you fancy!
Let the bacon zucchini cool for five minutes before serving (you might also like to drain them on paper towels) – the naturally high water content in the zucchini can be pretty hot!
I really love how the soft zucchini has slightly charred edges, and is infused with the bacon! The creamy dip is just perfect with it!
- 2 zucchini, each cut lengthwise into quarters
- black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Season the zucchini generously with black pepper, then wrap each one in a slice of bacon, and place it on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast for around 30 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through and crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the dip by combining the sour cream, chopped green onions, and black pepper.
- Let the bacon zucchini cool for five minutes before serving - the naturally high water content in the zucchini can be pretty hot!
4g net carbs per serving (two zucchini sticks and quarter of the dip)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 zucchini sticks
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 40mgSodium 401mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 10g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.