These fathead bread rolls are the perfect low carb alternative to regular rolls! They're gluten free, LCHF and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Have you tried Fathead dough yet? If not, or you're looking for more ways to use it, check out my Ultimate Guide to Fathead Dough!
You'll see that this low carb and high fat dough is more versatile than you might think! Which is why I decided to add some baking powder to the regular mixture, and see if I could make fat head bread! I figured it would be best to start small with some rolls – and it worked!
Due to the nature of the dough, they do taste a little bit cheesier than regular bread, but it isn't overpowering and the taste and texture is really good. Let me know what you think!
How to Make Fathead Bread Rolls
Melt some shredded mozzarella and cream cheese together in the microwave. Next, add almond flour, baking powder and a beaten egg. Stir well to mix.
Here's my video on how to make Fathead dough!
Once the dough is cool enough to handle, knead it with your hands to get it smooth. If it is too sticky add some extra almond flour, and knead again.
Divide the mixture into 8 parts, and shape each portion into a ball. Place each one on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
Bake in a preheated oven for 9-10 minutes until golden brown on top.
This is a super easy way of making fat head bread! You can enjoy these any time you would fancy a dinner roll! Perfect with low carb soups, low carb chili, or just slather it with butter and enjoy it as a snack!
How about spreading some homemade butter over these rolls?!?
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Melt the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese together in the microwave.
- Next, add the almond flour, baking powder and beaten egg. Stir well to mix.
- Once the dough is cool enough to handle, knead it with your hands to get it smooth. If it is too sticky add some extra almond flour, and knead again.
- Divide the mixture into 8 parts, and shape each portion into a ball. Place each one on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until golden brown on top.
4g net carbs per serving (two rolls)
Nutrition InformationServing Size 2 rolls
Amount Per ServingCalories 325 Total Fat 27g Saturated Fat 8g Cholesterol 82mg Sodium 350mg Carbohydrates 7g Net Carbohydrates 4g Fiber 3g Sugar 2g Protein 17g
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!