This delicious low carb chili is made in the slow cooker or Instant Pot and is loaded with flavor – but no beans! Gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
We've had so much snow recently that it just calls for wonderful comfort food like lasagna, moussaka, and chili. Regular chili recipes always contain beans, but even if you omit them the carb count can still be high – often because of the natural carbs in tomatoes, and sometimes because sugar is also added. Actually, it can also be because those sneaky carbs in onions do start to add up – but I have an easy fix for that – onion powder!
This recipe can be made in a regular crockpot or by using the slow cooker function on an Instant Pot.
Looking for a low carb vegan chili? Check out this recipe from Yummy Keto Cooking!
How to Make Low Carb Chili
Add the pork, beef, and garlic to a large sauté pan (or Instant Pot bowl) and cook over a medium heat until the meat has browned (Use the Sauté function if using an IP).
Drain the meat and transfer it to a slow cooker. Add a chopped red bell pepper, Worcestershire Sauce, ground cumin, onion powder, paprika, canned tomato sauce (like passata, not ketchup) and cayenne. The level of heat is only determined by the cayenne, so add a small amount, stir well, and add more if needed.
Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. Use the slow cooker setting if working with an Instant Pot, making sure the steam can vent.
Like most meals made in a slow cooker it will make your whole house smell amazing!
To serve this low carb chili, simply add sour cream, shredded cheese, and/or sliced green onions.
Get 10% off when you order from Miracle Noodles direct! Use coupon code “AFF10” on checkout to get your discount!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- cayenne / chilli powder, to taste
- Add the pork, beef, and garlic to a large sauté pan (or use the Sauté function on an Instant Pot), and cook over a medium heat until the meat has browned.
- Drain and transfer the meat to a slow cooker (or back to the Instant Pot bowl). Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. Use slow cooker setting if using an Instant Pot, with steam venting.
- Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and or sliced green onions.
7g net carbs per serving (not including toppings)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 633Total Fat 47gSaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 162mgSodium 741mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 40g
You might also like to check out my Low Carb Turkey Chili recipe!