These keto pizza roll-ups are less than 1g net carb each! They're made with zero carb tortillas, sugar free pizza sauce, pepperoni, and melted cheese!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These pizza roll-ups are a great way to use sticks of string cheese! I'm not a fan of eating them on their own as a snack, but I love cooking with them – check out my Fried Mozzarella and Salami and my Cheese-Stuffed Meatballs!
The key to making this easy recipe is finding low carb “street tacos”, because they fit the size of the cheese stick perfectly. I used the La Banderita Carb Counter brand, which are about 4½” diameter and – very excitingly – are ZERO carb! However, they're not gluten free, which I know will be any issue for some of you.
If you don't have this brand available (or it's not suitable), check out some alternative options in my low carb tortilla review – and if you like another brand please leave a comment below!
How to Make Keto Pizza Roll Ups
Spread a small amount of low carb pizza sauce or marinara over each tortilla. I like the Rao's brand which you can buy from Amazon or some of the larger stores like Walmart, Vitacost, Jewel Osco, or Target.
Place a mozzarella string cheese stick on to each tortilla, and add two slices of pepperoni to each one, if using.
Roll up the tortilla and place face down on a non-stick baking sheet.
Roast in a preheated oven for about 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to ooze out.
Let cool for just a couple of minutes to stop the cheese melting further. Serve, garnished with a little chopped fresh parsley or oregano.
My son loves these and he can help make them, too! They make a wonderful quick snack. Oh and there is quite a cheese-pull with these – shame I didn't manage to get it in focus, oops!
- 8 small (4½") keto friendly tortillas, eg La Banderita
- 2 tbs low carb pizza sauce or marinara, eg Rao's
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 16 slices pepperoni, optional
- finely chopped fresh parsley or oregano, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- Spread a half a teaspoon of the pizza sauce (or marinara) onto each tortilla.
- Place a cheese stick on to each one, and add two slices of pepperoni to each, if using.
- Roll up the tortilla and place face down on a non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast for about 5 minutes, until the cheese starts to ooze out.
- Let cool on the pan for just a couple of minutes (to stop the cheese melting further), then serve, garnished with the parsley or oregano.
0.8g net carbs per roll-up, including the pepperoni
0.6g net carbs per roll-up, not including the pepperoni
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1 Roll-Up
Amount Per Serving Calories 129Total Fat 8.7gSaturated Fat 4.4gCholesterol 26mgSodium 369mgCarbohydrates 5.8gNet Carbohydrates 0.8gFiber 5gProtein 9g