This loaded cauliflower mash is SO good! It's baked with cheese and bacon, then finished with green onions! A delicious low carb side dish recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Horseradish Cauliflower Mash is one of the oldest recipes on this blog! I've certainly been making “cauli mash” for a long time – and not just for serving as a side dish. I wrote an article showing over 14 low carb ways to use cauliflower mash – as toppings, fillings, and more!
This recipe, however IS a side dish – and instead of using a potato masher, this time I've added the cooked cauliflower to a food processor for a smoother texture. I've then loaded it with cheese and bacon bits – and when the cheese melts and forms a crust over the top, the combination of textures and flavors are SO good!
How to Make Loaded Cauliflower Mash
Add the cauliflower (frozen or fresh) to a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to the boil. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. You can also cook the cauliflower in the microwave if you prefer.
Drain the cauliflower and transfer it to a food processor, together with some melted butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth. Transfer the cauliflower to a baking dish, then sprinkle some shredded cheese (I used an Italian blend – but feel free to add your favorite) and bacon bits (or crumbled cooked bacon) over the top. You can actually prepare up to here in advance, if that suits your schedule!
Roast until the cheese has melted and has turned golden brown – about 15 minutes. Garnish with chopped green onions, then serve.
Try serving this side dish with roasted chicken or steak!
Low Carb Loaded Cauliflower Mash! #lowcarb #lowcarbsides #ketosides #cauliflowermash Click To Tweet
You might also like my recipe for Cheesy Cauli Mash – made in the Instant Pot!
- 16 oz fresh or frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs sour cream
- salt and black pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 2 tbs cooked bacon bits
- 1-2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Add the cauliflower to a saucepan, cover with water, and bring to the boil. Cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Alternatively, cook the cauliflower in the microwave.
- Drain the cauliflower and transfer it to a food processor, together with the melted butter, sour cream, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mashed cauliflower to a baking dish, then sprinkle the cheese and bacon bits over the top. Roast until the cheese has melted and has turned golden brown.
- Garnish with green onions, then serve.
4g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 28mgSodium 260mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 7g