This creamy buffalo chicken soup certainly packs a punch! It's low carb, gluten free, LCHF, and keto friendly.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If you're looking for a filling and warming low carb soup – this recipe is my new favorite! It's thick, comforting, and has a wonderful heat from the buffalo sauce (I use the Frank's brand which is zero carb).
Oh – and if you want to make it even faster, you can use pre-cooked chicken! Just heat it through in the butter before adding the sauce. It's very convenient!
How to Make Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Soup
Check out all my low carb soup recipes!
- 2 tbs butter
- 9 oz chicken, diced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing, divided
- chopped celery, to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and add the chicken. Continue to cook until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, broth, milk, and buffalo sauce in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- When the chicken is cooked, add the sauce to the saucepan. Test for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- When the soup is warmed through, divide between four serving bowls and add a swirl of blue cheese dressing to each one. Garnish with celery.
3g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe - 1¼ cups)
This recipe makes approximately 5 cups of soup.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1¼ cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 407Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 125mgSodium 1587mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 16g