This low carb chicken saag is the perfect recipe when you're in the mood for some tasty Indian food!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I absolutely love Indian food and this is one of my favorite dishes, and is so easy to make low carb! It is stacked full of healthy spinach and wonderful spices, and it's very mild.
In the recipe I've stated that it serves two people, but actually it depends what you're serving it with. If you have a couple of sides as well it could easily serve four people.
Check out all my recipes for low carb Indian food!!
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Saag
Defrost a pack of frozen spinach according to the pack instructions. Drain and squeeze as much water out as possible. Set aside.
In a large sauté pan, heat some vegetable oil. Add garam masala and chopped onions (I use ready-chopped frozen onions!), and cook until the onions start to soften. If you haven't used garam masala before it is a super useful spice blend for Indian cooking, and is made up of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, black pepper and coriander.
Add garlic paste, ginger paste, tomato paste, turmeric, and water. Stir until a sauce has formed.
Add chopped chicken breast and cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Add the spinach and cook until it has warmed through, then finish with a little Greek yogurt.
Get 10% off when you order from Miracle Noodles direct! Use coupon code “AFF10” on checkout to get your discount!
Low Carb Chicken Saag - a wonderful Indian main meal #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large sauté pan, heat some vegetable oil. Add garam masala and chopped onions, and cook until the onions start to soften.
- Add garlic paste, ginger paste, tomato paste, turmeric, and water. Stir until a sauce has formed. Add chopped chicken breast and cook until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the spinach and cook until it has warmed through, then finish with a little Greek yogurt. Check for seasoning, and serve!
5g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 454 Total Fat 20g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 145mg Sodium 438mg Carbohydrates 10g Net Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 5g Sugar 3g Protein 55g