This low carb chicken salsa verde recipe is made with fresh tomatillos and is tart, tangy and tasty! An easy keto recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I remember trying to make a salsa verde when I was living in the UK – fresh tomatillos were unheard of, canned ones rare. So it is a delight to have these tart little fruits readily available to me now that I live in the US. And this dish shows off their wonderful flavor perfectly!
How to Make Low Carb Chicken Salsa Verde
Add roughly chopped tomatillos, fresh cilantro, green onions, and ground cumin to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a salsa-like consistency. This can be prepared in advance – which I like to do because it means I can get the blender all washed up and put away ahead of time! Alternatively, you can easily make it while the chicken is cooking!
Chop the chicken into thin slices and sauté in olive oil in a large skillet until browned all over. Add the salsa verde, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and fast simmer for 15 minutes until most of the liquid has evaporated. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
Low Carb Chicken Salsa Verde #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into thin slices
- 8 fresh tomatillos, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- salt and black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the chicken strips in olive oil until browned all over.
- Meanwhile, add tomatillos, cilantro, green onions, and cumin to a blender or food processor. Blend to a loose salsa consistency.
- Add the salsa verde to the chicken, bring to boil, and fast simmer for 15 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
3g net carbs per serving (quarter of whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the whole recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 313 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 144mg Sodium 264mg Carbohydrates 4g Net Carbohydrates 3g Fiber 1g Sugar 2g Protein 48g
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!