This low carb lasagna uses tortillas instead of pasta and a white sauce variation.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
As far as I am concerned, lasagna has four main elements: The meat and tomato sauce, the pasta, the white sauce, and the cheese. On a low carb diet, the meat sauce and the cheese are OK, and I decided to try low carb tortillas instead of the pasta sheets. I used a ricotta/Parmesan/egg topping for my low carb moussaka – which would have worked fine but I decided to go with a cream cheese-based sauce instead.
Add some ground beef to a saucepan with onion powder, oregano, and paprika, and cook until the meat has browned. Add some red wine and a can of diced tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes. The liquid will reduce down. Test for salt and pepper and add as necessary.
Add a little of the sauce to the base of a baking dish, then add a layer of low carb tortillas on top. Depending on the size of your dish you will need 4-6 tortillas. Layer with the meat sauce, finishing with a tortilla.
To make the faux White Sauce – please see the separate recipe page HERE! Pour this over the lasagna.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Add a sprinkling of shredded cheese over the top, then return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
This lasagna is tasty and filling but not stodgy at all. A green salad makes the perfect accompaniment.This #lowcarb #lasagna is a delicious entree that uses low carb tortillas instead of pasta! Click To Tweet
Low Carb LasagnaPrint
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup red wine
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-6 low carb tortillas
- 1 white sauce recipe see link
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Saute the beef with the onion powder, oregano, and paprika until the meat is browned.
- Add the red wine and tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a little of the tomato sauce to the base of a baking dish, then layer low carb tortillas then tomato sauce. Finish with tortillas.
- Make the white sauce (see separate recipe), pour on top, then bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top then bake for another 5 minutes.
10g net carbs per serving including the white sauce
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!