These giant meatballs are a family favorite! They're low carb, gluten free, LCHF, and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
When hunger strikes – you need these GIANT meatballs! Each one is made from over 2½ ounces of ground beef, with added bacon for good measure!
I've served them with a lightly herbed tomato sauce which is poured over the top. The carbohydrates in tomatoes can really add up fast, so be sure keep to the quantity suggestions!
Check all my recipes for the best low carb meatballs!
How to Make Low Carb Giant Meatballs
When everything is mixed well together, form it into six large meatballs and place them in a baking dish.
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ½ cup pork rind crumbs
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbs Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
For the sauce:
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbs red wine
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, a beaten egg, pork rind crumbs (or crushed pork rinds), garlic paste, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- When everything is mixed well together, form it into six large meatballs and place them in a baking dish.
- Cover and roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by adding canned tomato sauce, garlic paste, dried oregano, red wine, salt and pepper to a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then keep at a low simmer until required.
- After the meatballs have cooked for those 15 minutes, uncover and spoon half of the sauce over the meatballs, then return them to the oven (uncovered) for another 15-20 minutes, or until they have reached an internal temperature of 160F.
- Transfer the meatballs to a serving plate, spoon the remaining sauce over, and garnish with parsley.
7.5g net carbs per serving of three giant meatballs and half the sauce!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 3 giant meatballs
Amount Per ServingCalories 941Total Fat 71gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0.05gCholesterol 296mgSodium 1451mgCarbohydrates 11.5gNet Carbohydrates 7.5gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 59g
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!