This low carb flatbread is the perfect appetizer to serve during the holidays! It is loaded with Brie, fresh cranberries, and rosemary!
This post may contain affiliate links.
This appetizer was totally inspired by this recipe. In the original, pre-made naan style flatbreads are used, and the whole thing takes less than ten minutes to make. My low carb version takes a little longer – but not much!
The base is an adapted version of my low carb naan bread, with some of the seasonings removed to give it a more neutral flavor. It's just one more demonstration of how versatile fat head dough can be!
Watch my video to see how to make it!
How to Make Low Carb Flatbread with Brie and Cranberries
Make the flatbread base by making the fathead dough in the normal way.
Divide the mixture into two balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, spaced apart. Place another silicone mat on top, and press down so that the balls flatten to a uniform thickness. You can also use a rolling pin.
Remove the top silicone mat and bake in a preheated oven for five minutes. While the flatbreads are baking, finely chop some fresh rosemary.
Remove the flatbreads from the oven, flip them over and spread some Brie over each one. Alouette make a fantastic Brie spread which is perfect for this recipe, but you could also use regular Brie with the rind removed. It will taste the same but it just won't spread so easily!
Sprinkle a few fresh cranberries over the Brie, then add the rosemary and season with black pepper.
Return them to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown and the cranberries have burst. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into slices.
This recipe makes two flatbreads and can serve anything from two to eight people! To simplify it I have made the serving size four – but just be aware that it is totally moreish!
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup fine almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and black pepper
- ½ cup Brie spread (or softened Brie, rinds removed)
- 12 fresh cranberries
- 2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To prepare the dough, mix together shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl. Microwave for about a minute or until it is fully melted, then stir to mix thoroughly.
- Let cool for a few moments, then add the almond flour, beaten egg, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
- Knead the dough with your hands until it is smooth, then divide it into two balls. Place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, spaced apart. Place another silicone mat on top, and press down so that the balls flatten to a uniform thickness. You can also use a rolling pin.
- Remove the top silicone mat and bake for 5 minutes. Remove the flatbreads from the oven, flip them over and spread some Brie over each one. Sprinkle a few fresh cranberries over the Brie, then add the rosemary and season with black pepper.
- Return them to the oven for 5-6 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown and the cranberries have burst.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into slices. Serve warm.
4.7g net carbs per serving of half a flatbread. This recipe makes two flatbreads.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Half a flatbread
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 85mgSodium 299mgCarbohydrates 7.7gNet Carbohydrates 4.7gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 15g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.