These garlic dough balls are stuffed with cheese! These tasty little bites are made with Fathead dough, and are low carb, gluten free, LCHF, and keto friendly.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So this recipe is a combination of my Fathead bread rolls, and my low carb Bacon Jalapeño Cheese Bombs! I was originally inspired by these Garlic Cheese Bombs from Spend with Pennies, and when I saw them I just knew I could make a low carb version! If you haven't tried making FatHead dough yet – check out my guide!
Now I should point out that this recipe is pretty high in fat – great if you're following a LCHF diet! Fathead dough is – as you may have guessed – high in fat. Then I stuff the dough balls with cheese, and roll it in butter and more cheese. So now I've told you, and if you're looking for fat bombs, these are perfect. And by the way, they taste amazing – especially straight out of the oven!
What's in this Article?
How to Make Low Carb Garlic Dough Balls
Make one batch of FatHead dough (see the recipe card for details and watch my new video tutorial below!).
Melt some butter in the microwave in a bowl, and stir in some garlic paste or minced garlic. In a separate bowl, pour in some grated Parmesan.
Take a small amount of the dough, and flatten it into a disc. Place a small cube of your favorite cheese (I used sharp Cheddar) in the center, then carefully fold the dough around, it ensuring that all the edges or sealed.
Dip the dough ball into the garlic butter, then the Parmesan, and place them on a small baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
Repeat with the rest of the dough – this recipe makes approximately 12 dough balls.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown on top. Hopefully not too much of the filling will have escaped!
Serve warm, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
By the way, I'm sorry that I can't show a photo of the melty, gooey cheese on the inside! I needed three hands – two to pull a dough ball apart and one to take the photo, so they all came out too blurry! But I'm sure that you can imagine…
for the dough
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 egg beaten
for the filling and coating
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 2 oz Cheddar cheese cubes - approx 12
- chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the shredded mozzarella cheese and cream cheese in a bowl, and microwave it for one minute. Stir, then cook for another 30 seconds. Add in almond flour, a beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Let the dough cool enough so that you can handle it, then knead until smooth. Add extra almond flour if it is too sticky to work with.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a bowl, and stir in the garlic. Pour some grated Parmesan into a separate bowl.
- Take a small amount of the dough, and flatten it into a disc. Place a small cube of your favorite cheese (I used sharp Cheddar) in the center, then carefully fold the dough around, it ensuring that all the edges or sealed.
- Dip the dough ball into the garlic butter, then the Parmesan, and place them on a small baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough - this recipe makes approximately 12 dough balls.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown on top.
- Serve warm, garnished with chopped fresh parsley.
3g net carbs per serving of two dough balls
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 dough balls
Amount Per ServingCalories 296Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 73mgSodium 369mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 14g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!