These low carb Halloween peppers are stuffed with cauliflower rice, chicken, and cheese! Gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These Halloween-themed bell peppers are ideal for serving as an appetizer at a Halloween party! You can prepare the peppers and stuffing earlier that day, and then bake when needed. If you love keto stuffed peppers – then be sure to also check out my low carb stuffed peppers recipe!
How to Make Low Carb Halloween Peppers
To prepare the orange bell peppers, slice the tops off (reserving them for serving, if you like). Hollow out the insides, making sure to remove any seeds and the white pith. Use a small sharp knife to cut a jack o'lantern face into one side of each pepper.
Boil the peppers for about five minutes, then drain and let cool.
To make the filling, heat some olive oil in a large skillet and add some riced cauliflower (you can buy it ready-riced or follow my easy tutorial to make your own). Sauté for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is starting to soften. Add paprika, chopped cooked chicken, and shredded cheese (I used a Mexican taco blend). Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary. Add in some chopped fresh parsley. Spoon the filling into the bell peppers.
Place them onto a baking sheet and roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. The skins of the peppers will wrinkle slightly – adding to their spooky appearance!!
Low Carb Halloween Peppers #lowcarb #lowcarbhalloween Click To Tweet
- 4 orange bell peppers, tops removed and hollowed out
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp paprika
- 9 oz cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut a jack o'lantern face into one side of each pepper.
- Boil the peppers for about five minutes, then drain and let cool.
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a large skillet and add the riced cauliflower. Sauté for 10 minutes until the cauliflower is starting to soften.
- Add paprika, chicken, and cheese. Check for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary. Add the parsley.
- Spoon the filling into the bell peppers. Place them onto a baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
9g net carbs per serving (one stuffed pepper)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 stuffed pepper
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 70mgSodium 263mgCarbohydrates 14gNet Carbohydrates 9gFiber 5gSugar 7gProtein 25g
Adapted from Every Day Jenny.