This hot crab dip is absolutely amazing and super low in carbs, too! LCHF and keto recipe with video tutorial.
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Before I tell you all about this recipe I would like you to consider for a moment how many times this low carb writer has had to retype “hot carb dip”. Crab. Carb. Arghhhh!
But anyway. This dip is one of those recipes that low carbers have to really boast about – because nothing feels further from “diet food” than this rich and creamy dish. When I first started on my low carb journey I typed out a list of low carb luxurious recipes that I loved, and attached it to my kitchen cupboard to remind me that this truly was a way of life that I could manage. If I'd had this recipe then, it would have definitely been on that list! (Since writing this post I actually included a blank list for you to print out and use – among others – in my Low Carb Motivational Pack!)
Watch the video or scroll down for the full directions and printable recipe card.
How to Make Low Carb Hot Crab Dip
Preparing the dip is pretty simple. In a stand mixer, combine softened cream cheese (I use one of the bricks rather than the plastic containers), regular mayo and paprika.
Stir in some finely chopped green onions, shredded Parmesan, canned white crab meat, salt and pepper.
Spoon it into a baking dish, smoothing it down to flatten the top.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes, then sprinkle some more Parmesan over the top and bake again until the cheese is fully melted and starting to brown.
Low Carb Hot Crab Dip - rich, creamy and indulgent! #lowcarb Click To Tweet
Are you looking for more recipe inspiration? Check out my giant list of low carb appetizers!
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise, regular, not low fat version
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 oz canned white crab meat, drained
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise and paprika in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Stir in ¼ cup of the Parmesan, chopped green onion, drained crab and salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking dish and smooth the top so that it is level.
- Bake for 10 minutes, add the remaining Parmesan over the top, then bake again until the topping has melted and starting to turn golden brown.
3g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 506Total Fat 44gSaturated Fat 16gCholesterol 165mgSodium 897mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 23g