This Mexican pizza has a Fathead dough crust, then loaded with salsa, carnitas, cheese, and more! It's low carb, LCHF, gluten free, and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Now you probably know that one of the first uses for FatHead dough was pizza. I've used it to make this delicious low carb white pizza, and if you haven't made this dough before, you might like to watch my video tutorial!
Another key component for this pizza is the low carb carnitas!
They're made in the slow cooker and are useful for all kinds of recipes. And I had some left over – and they were perfect for this Mexican pizza!
However, you could also make this recipe meat-free, or use your preferred cooked meat! Why not check out my full list of keto Mexican recipes to get some ideas?
How to Make a Low Carb Mexican Pizza
From one batch of dough I can make a 10″ pizza. Use a fork to dock holes in the dough to help it cook evenly. Cook in a preheated oven for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to turn light golden brown all over.
Add a layer of low carb salsa, then the carnitas over the salsa.
Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top (I use a Mexican blend). I don't add that much due to all the cheese in the crust, but obviously feel free to add more if you would like! Return to the oven until the meat is warmed through and the cheese has melted.
Garnish with cilantro leaves, jalapeño slices, and diced avocado.
This pizza is super filling and has such a wonderful flavor. Serve it for lunch, dinner, or an appetizer or snack!
If you love this recipe, try my low carb Mexican lasagna!!!
- Preheat the oven to 400F (200C).
- To make the dough, place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then another cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in the beaten egg and almond flour.
- Let the dough cool slightly, then knead until smooth. Add a little extra almond flour if the dough is too sticky, then knead again.
- Press the dough into a 10" circle on a non-stick pizza pan. Use a fork to dock holes in the dough to help it cook evenly.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to turn light golden brown all over.
- Add a layer of low carb salsa, then add the carnitas over the salsa.
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese over the top and return to the oven until the meat is warmed through and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, jalapeño slices, and diced avocado.
3g net carbs per serving of a quarter of the pizza
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the pizza
Amount Per ServingCalories 390Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 141mgSodium 676mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 38g
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!