This delicious low carb Mexican lasagna recipe can be made from just a handful of ingredients! A comforting keto and LCHF meal.
This post may contain affiliate links.
So this recipe is adapted from my popular Low Carb Lasagna recipe – but this Mexican inspired version is MUCH easier! In fact, preparation time is super short, which (usually for a homemade lasagna) makes it ideal for a weeknight meal!
The key differences are that I use salsa to create instant flavor, and there is no white sauce. Like in my Italian version, I've used low carb tortillas which are an amazingly good replacement for lasagna sheets. They absorb the flavors of the sauce and are super soft after baking.
This keto lasagna with low carb tortillas is fantastic for when you need some comfort food! Plus you can make it as spicy as you like by changing the salsa or by adding hot sauce or chipotle powder!
You might also like to check out my recipe for Fathead Lasagna!
How to Make a Low Carb Mexican Lasagna
Serve this Mexican lasagna with a bright and crisp green salad. Sour cream is also a great addition!
You'll be seriously surprised how easy this keto lasagna with low carb tortillas is to make!
Update: Check out my low carb spinach lasagna – it uses sliced chicken instead of pasta sheets!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup low carb salsa
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce or chipotle powder, optional, to taste
- 4 small low carb tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 tsp chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add the ground beef. Cook until the meat has browned all over. Drain the meat if there is excess liquid.
- Add the salsa and cook for 10 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Add hot sauce or chipotle powder as required.
- Layer the tortillas with the meat mixture in a baking dish, cutting the tortillas to fit as necessary.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake until the cheese has melted and golden brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve.
8g net carbs per serving (a quarter of the whole recipe).
Nutritional data is based on using tortillas with 4g net carbs each.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 559Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 107mgSodium 730mgCarbohydrates 23gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 15gSugar 3gProtein 31g