This low carb mistletoe margarita is a fun coconut and tequila cocktail to enjoy over the holidays! Sugar free, dairy free, and keto-friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Recently I have been researching new Christmassy cocktails to make – but so many of them contain cranberry! When I came across the idea for a creamy mistletoe margarita (also known as a white Christmas margarita) – I just knew that I had to try it!
As with a regular margarita, it should contain triple sec – but as with my popular low carb margarita I replaced it with orange extract!
You might also like my keto cranberry margarita!
How to Make a Low Carb Mistletoe Margarita
Prepare two glasses by rubbing a wedge of lime around the rim.
On a plate, combine your favorite low carb granular sweetener (I used classic Lakanto) and some red food dye. Invert the glass and dip it into the sweetener. Repeat with the second glass.
Blend until smooth. Taste for sweetness – you might like to add some low carb simple syrup if you prefer it sweeter, but remember the sweetened rim of the glasses will help.
Pour the cocktail into the prepared glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
Serve immediately (otherwise it will separate).
- Prepare two glasses by rubbing a wedge of lime around the rim.
- On a plate, combine the sweetener and red food dye. Invert the glass and dip it into the sweetener. Repeat with the second glass.
- To a blender, add the coconut milk, ice, tequila, lime juice, and orange extract, and blend until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness - you might like to add some low carb simple syrup if you prefer it sweeter, but remember the sweetened rim of the glasses will help with that.
- Pour the cocktail into the prepared glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
- Serve immediately.
3g net carbs per serving (half the recipe, approximately one cup)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Approx. 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 80Total Fat 2.4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6.6mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0.5gProtein 0g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.