These keto and low carb shrimp tacos are SO good! The taco shells are made from low carb tortillas!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Everyone loves tacos, right? But did you know that if you have low carb tortillas, you can make crispy low carb taco shells – in just a few minutes! Then you can load them up with whatever you like. Oh – and if you don't have the tortillas, this shrimp recipe would work really well with lettuce wraps, too!
How to Make Low Carb Shrimp Tacos
The first task is to marinate the shrimp. I prefer to use tail-on, shell off raw shrimp for this, but whatever you prefer will work fine. Personally I am happy to eat the shrimp tails but I know many people disagree! Mix a marinade from tomato sauce, paprika, cumin and dried oregano. You could also add some spice at this point – some adobo sauce would be perfect – but I usually cook this without as my husband isn't a lover of spice – unlike me!
Add the shrimp to the marinade, cover, and refrigerate for at least two hours.
The low carb taco shells can be prepared in advance – just place small low carb tortillas onto a piece of baking parchment and drape them over one or two bars on the rack in your oven. Bake on a medium heat until they are crispy. About five minutes at 350F is all you need.
When you are ready to cook, the shrimp can be cooked however you like – on skewers on the grill, or under the broiler. Or even just sautéed – although you might like to add a splash of water to the pan as you cook them. Discard any remaining marinade.
Load up your taco shells with some shredded lettuce then add your shrimp. Enjoy!
You could also add some extra toppings and garnishes, like cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime wedges or jalapeño wheels!Low Carb Shrimp Tacos #lowcarb #lowcarbtacos Click To Tweet
- 10 oz raw shrimp, shells removed
- ¼ cup canned tomato sauce
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 4 small low carb tortillas
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- Combine the tomato sauce, paprika, oregano and cumin and marinate the shrimp in the mixture for at least two hours, covered and refrigerated.
- Make the taco shells by placing the tortillas on a piece of baking parchment and draping them over one or two bars of the oven rack. Bake on medium heat until crispy.
- Cook the shrimp on the grill, under the broiler or in a sauté pan. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Divide the lettuce between the taco shells and add the cooked shrimp on top.
8g net carbs per serving (based on low carb tortillas with 3g net carbs each)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2 Tacos
Amount Per Serving Calories 325Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 1gCholesterol 357mgSodium 1587mgCarbohydrates 30gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 22gSugar 1gProtein 36g