This low carb shrimp with lime dish is a super easy recipe! Add some cilantro and jalapeños for an extra pop of flavor!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This shrimp recipe is super low in carbs! The simple flavors of butter, shrimp, garlic, lime, and cilantro work so well together – and it’s so easy to add a little heat if – like me – you enjoy it!
It’s quick to make and light enough that it works well for lunch, or can be made into a more substantial main meal.
How to Make Low Carb Shrimp with Lime and Cilantro
Heat some olive oil in a skillet (I love this small cast iron skillet) and fry some garlic paste (or minced garlic) for a minute. Add some raw peeled shrimp and sliced green onions, and cook until the shrimp is opaque. Whether you leave the tail on the shrimp or take it off is personal choice!
Add some butter and lime juice, and stir to coat the shrimp in the sauce.
Season with salt and pepper, then serve with the cilantro and any other garnishes you fancy, like a few slices of jalapeño or lime wedges!
You could serve this dish as a light lunch, perhaps over a salad or with some steamed green beans. Or you could make it into a more substantial meal by serving it with cauliflower rice or shirataki noodles.
Get 10% off when you order shirataki noodles or rice from Miracle Noodles direct! Use coupon code “AFF10” on checkout to get your discount!
Low Carb Shrimp with Lime and Cilantro
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 10 oz raw shrimp peeled
- 2 green onions finely sliced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs cilantro leaves to garnish
- jalapeno slices and lime slices optional
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the garlic for a minute. Add the shrimp and green onions, and cook until the shrimp is opaque.
- Add the butter and lime juice, and stir to coat the shrimp in the sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve with the cilantro and any other garnishes.