This low carb blue cheese, spinach and artichoke dip has full-on flavor and can be served hot or cold.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Blue cheese is a delicious addition to the classic spinach and artichoke dip. When eaten hot, this dip is super warming, filling and comforting. When eaten cold, despite containing frozen spinach and canned artichoke, it has a surprisingly fresh flavor.
In a saucepan, combine cream cheese, sour cream, a box of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and thoroughly drained) and blue cheese. Cook on a medium heat until the blue cheese has melted.
Add a can of drained quartered artichokes and some shredded Parmesan. Cook until the artichokes are warmed through and the Parmesan has melted. Taste for seasoning – with all that cheese I usually find I don’t need to add salt, but some freshly ground black pepper is nice.
Serve it hot to get it at its cheesy best! But it also works well when cold, too. Ideas of what you can dip into this delicious concoction:
- Celery sticks
- Flaxseed crackers (I’m currently enjoying the Raw One Rawritos as pictured above)
- Cucumber sticks
- Pepperoni chips
- Baby romaine lettuce leaves
- Vegetable chips
- Homemade tortilla chips
- You could even wrap it in a low carb tortilla!
Serving-wise this makes about four cups of dip. If you work on the basis that a generous serving size might be ½ cup, then this recipe serves 8. So net carbs per serving calculates at 3.7g – plus of course whatever chips you consume with it!Low Carb Blue Cheese, Spinach and Artichoke Dip #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 10 oz box frozen spinach thawed and thoroughly drained
- 2 oz blue cheese
- 14 oz can quartered artichoke hearts drained
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, drained spinach and blue cheese to a saucepan. Cook at medium heat until blue cheese has melted.
- Add the drained artichokes and the Parmesan. Cook until the artichokes are warmed through and the Parmesan has melted.
- Add seasoning if required. Serve hot or cold.
Makes approx. 4 cups. 3g net carbs per ½ cup serving.
Check out my Low Carb Chips & Dips Ebook!
Do you love chips and dips? Check out my mini ebook for more low carb recipes!