These low carb steak tacos are the perfect dish to share at a gathering. Loaded with smoky bell peppers, creamy burrata, and fresh jalapeño wheels!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
For the tortillas, I looked to find my regular Mission Carb Balance but my store was out of the smaller sizes. I went for La Banderita “Snack size” which are 5½-6″ wide and contain 3g net carbs per tortilla.
They also make a “street taco” size which is zero carb (see them in my keto pizza roll-ups)! However, all their Carb Counter products contain wheat so aren't gluten free. Check out my full low carb tortilla comparison and review for more ideas!
How to Make Low Carb Steak Tacos with Burrata
To make the steak marinade, combine soy sauce, lime juice, and homemade Mexican seasoning blend (see separate three-ingredient recipe) together in a bowl. Add the steak (I used a boneless New York strip cut), cover, and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
Remove the seeds from a bell pepper and cut it into long strips. Place a grill pan over a medium heat and add the peppers. After 5 minutes, add the steak, and cook until done to your liking.
Let the steak rest for 5 minutes, and continue to cook the peppers if necessary. Meanwhile, place the tortillas onto a serving plate, and then divide the peppers between them.
Next, slice the steak and divide it between the tortillas. Drain a ball of burrata and carefully tear it apart. Roughly divide it between the tortillas.
To finish, garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, lime wedges, fresh jalapeño wheels, and black pepper.
Doesn't it look pretty – and it has the colors of the Mexican flag! The burrata is kind of like a combination of cheese and sour cream, that works so perfectly with the other ingredients. Your guests will love them!
For the steak marinade
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs low carb Mexican seasoning blend
- 12 oz boneless steak, trimmed
For the tacos
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 6 small (6") low carb tortillas
- 8 oz ball of burrata, drained
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- fresh cilantro leaves, sliced jalapeños, and black pepper, to garnish
- To make the marinade, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, and Mexican seasoning (see separate recipe) together in a bowl. Add the steak, cover, and leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Place a grill pan over a medium heat and add the peppers. After 5 minutes, add the steak, and cook until done to your liking. Discard any remaining marinade.
- Let the steak rest for 5 minutes, and continue to cook the peppers if necessary. Meanwhile, place the tortillas onto a serving plate, and then divide the peppers between them.
- Next, slice the steak and divide it between the tortillas. Carefully tear apart the burrata and roughly divide it between the tortillas.
- To finish, garnish with cilantro, lime wedges, jalapeños, and black pepper.
5.5g net carbs per taco, based on low carb tortillas containing 3g net carbs each
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 steak taco
Amount Per Serving Calories 335Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 85mgSodium 702mgCarbohydrates 12.8gNet Carbohydrates 5.5gFiber 7.3gSugar 1gProtein 27g