This smooth and creamy avocado soup is packed full of goodness and Thai flavors!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
OK. Confession time. I really really don’t like avocados. Actually, I’ll clarify that. I don’t like the TEXTURE of them. Right now* in my “About Me” page on this site it says:
“Here’s some things you may have noticed about my recipes:
- Short ingredient lists
- Low serving sizes
- They very rarely contain peanut butter, avocado, green bell pepper or coffee!”
So I am confronting the enemy with this recipe. Yes, my first ever avocado recipe. Because I know it is low carb AND has so many health benefits. I figured that once I got over pureeing the thing into a soup, I wouldn’t have to deal with the texture. And I was right – I could actually enjoy the soup!
My first task was to deal with the slimey green thing. And yes, I’m showing you a photo of an avocado to record this moment!
Once the stone and skin were removed, I could dump it into the food processor and not have to worry about touching it again! Also to the food processor I added unsweetened coconut milk and Thai green curry paste. I blended the mixture until smooth.
Then I added everything to a saucepan with some vegetable stock (you could also use chicken stock). I brought it to the boil then simmered it for five minutes. After checking for seasoning, I served it with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges! It could serve four people as an appetizer or two as a lunch dish.Low Carb Thai Avocado Soup #lowcarb #avocado Click To Tweet
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1-2 tsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro chopped
- lime wedges
- Remove the skin and stone from the avocado, then place it in a food processor with the coconut milk and curry paste. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan, and add the stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Test for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with chopped fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
8g net carbs per serving
*My About Me page has now been changed and doesn’t include avocado!