These low carb Indian chicken wings are marinated in coconut and spices, roasted to perfection, and served with a cilantro dip!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Before I moved to the U.S. in 2009, I used to cook a lot of Indian food. These days I've traded it for Mexican cooking! But I'm still a huge fan of the amazing flavor that a combination of Indian spices like cumin, coriander and turmeric can create. It is super easy to make Indian food mild, medium or hot – just change the amount of cayenne added.
Check out all my low carb Indian recipes!!
How to Make Marinated Indian Chicken Wings
Using a sharp knife or strong kitchen scissors, snip off the wing tips from the chicken, then cut the two remaining sections (called wingettes and drumettes) in half. I do this by bending them backwards until a bone pops out, then cutting along that join.
To make the marinade, mix together canned unsweetened coconut milk, ground cumin, onion powder, turmeric, ground coriander, and cayenne in a bowl.
Add the chicken wings to the marinade, stir well, and cover. Leave in the fridge for at least four hours – but overnight would be good too!
When ready to cook, place the wings on a baking tray lined with foil or silicone mat. Note: The turmeric in the recipe will temporarily stain a silicone mat but a run through the dishwasher removes it. Discard any remaining marinade.
Roast in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until cooked through, turning half way through the cooking time. Use a probe thermometer to ensure they reach an internal temperature of 165F. If the cooked wings look a little greasy then you can wipe the excess off with paper towels.
I decided to serve the wings with a quick dipping sauce made from sour cream, cilantro paste and fresh cilantro – just ingredients I happened to have on hand! Then garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!
These Indian chicken wings would make a great appetizer to share!Marinated Indian Chicken Wings #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 8 chicken wings, tips removed, remaining sections cut in half
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Mix together the coconut milk, and spices. Add the chicken wings, stir, and cover. Leave in the fridge for 4-24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Place the chicken wings onto a baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone mat. Season with salt and discard any remaining marinade.
- Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time. Ensure the wings have reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove any excess grease from the wings with paper towels and serve them warm, garnished with cilantro.
1.4g net carbs per serving of four wingettes or drumettes.
Dipping sauce is made from sour cream, cilantro paste and fresh cilantro. Negligible carb count.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4 pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 380Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 158mgSodium 293mgCarbohydrates 1.8gNet Carbohydrates 1.4gFiber 0.4gSugar 0.1gProtein 28g