This low carb roasted eggplant dip is full of Middle Eastern flavors!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This smokey dip has a wonderful combination of flavors! Slow roasting the whole eggplant gives it a really great flavor and a fantastic base for this dip. Serve it warm or cold!
To roast the eggplant, poke holes all over it with a fork. Place it on a baking tray and roast in a preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let it cool slightly then slice it open. Using a spoon, scoop out the eggplant flesh and place it in a food processor.
To the food processor, add chopped red onion, garlic paste, plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, ground coriander, dried mint and liquid smoke. Liquid smoke is an amazing all-natural sauce that adds a deep smokey flavor.
Taste for seasoning, and add salt and pepper if necessary. You might like to add more lemon juice or mint if it needs more “pop”. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with jicama, cucumber sticks or homemade tortilla chips.
Low Carb Roasted Eggplant Dip #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 1 large eggplant
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbs plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp dried mint
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 380F.
- Using a fork, prick holes all over the eggplant and place on a baking tray. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Let the eggplant cool slightly, then slice it open. Scoop out the flesh and place it into a food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and pulse until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if desired.
3g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Chips & Dips Ebook!
Do you love chips and dips? Check out my mini ebook for more low carb recipes!