These roasted pumpkin seeds are flavored with delicious pumpkin pie spice and are the ideal low carb snack this fall!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Around now is the time of year when everyone is starting to carve pumpkins, but don't miss out on the opportunity for this tasty seasonal snack! The seeds from the pumpkin can be roasted and become a wonderful crunchy snack that just happens to be low carb and healthy! Here I have mixed the seeds with pumpkin pie spice because, well, it seemed only right!
How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Scoop out the seeds from the pumpkin and pull off all the “guts”. From one large pumpkin I managed to collect about 1½ cups of seeds.
Place the pumpkin seeds in a bowl and cover in warm water. Leave for about 15 minutes and use a slotted spoon to lift out the seeds – this process will soak off any remaining pumpkin.
Place the seeds in a saucepan of boiling water, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes. This will help even cooking when the seeds are roasting.
Drain the seeds. In a bowl, mix together olive oil and pumpkin pie spice. Add the seeds, salt and black pepper, then mix well to coat.
Spread the spiced seeds out onto a baking tray lined with a silicone mat.
Roast in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, shaking the seeds half way through cooking to turn as many as possible.
Leave to cool and enjoy this crunchy spiced low carb snack!
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds - a #lowcarb healthy snack flavored with #pumpkinpiespice Click To Tweet
- 1½ cups pumpkin seeds, or as many seeds as you can get from one large pumpkin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, or more, to taste
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove excess flesh from the seeds and place them in a bowl. Cover in warm water and leave for 15 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the water, and place them in a saucepan of boiling water. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil and pumpkin pie spice. Drain the seeds, then add them to the bowl together with salt and pepper.
- Mix well then spread out onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway into the cooking time.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.
3g net carbs per serving (about ¼ cup of seeds)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size ¼ cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gSodium 75mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gProtein 8g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!