These keto roasted pumpkin seeds are flavored with delicious pumpkin pie spice and are the perfect low carb snack for Fall!
This is the time of year when everyone is starting to carve pumpkins. Me included. But don't toss out those pumpkin seeds!
Roasted pumpkin seeds make an amazing seasonal snack. The seeds from the pumpkin can be roasted and become a wonderful crunchy snack that just happens to be low carb and healthy too!
Here I have tossed the fresh pumpkin seeds with a yummy pumpkin pie spice for a totally delicious keto friendly snack.
How to Make Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Scoop out the seeds from the pumpkin and pull off all the “guts”. From one large pumpkin I managed to collect about 1½ cups of seeds.
Place the pumpkin seeds in a bowl and cover in warm water. Leave for about 15 minutes and use a slotted spoon to lift out the seeds – this process will soak off any remaining pumpkin.
Place the seeds in a saucepan of boiling water, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes. This will help even cooking when the seeds are roasting.
Drain the seeds. In a bowl, mix together olive oil and pumpkin pie spice. Add the seeds, salt and black pepper, then mix well to coat.
Spread the spiced seeds out onto a baking tray lined with a silicone mat.
Roast in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, shaking the seeds half way through cooking to turn as many as possible.
Leave to cool and enjoy this crunchy spiced low carb snack!
You can feel free to swap out the pumpkin pie spice for your own favorite flavors. And if you need some creative ideas, go check out five more ways to roast pumpkin seeds here.
More Fall Recipes
If you love these roasted pumpkin seeds, be sure to explore these other tasty keto treats:
- 1½ cups pumpkin seeds, or as many seeds as you can get from one large pumpkin
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, or more, to taste
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Remove excess flesh from the seeds and place them in a bowl. Cover in warm water and leave for 15 minutes.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the water, and place them in a saucepan of boiling water. Reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil and pumpkin pie spice. Drain the seeds, then add them to the bowl together with salt and pepper.
- Mix well then spread out onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Cook for 20-25 minutes, turning once halfway into the cooking time.
- Leave to cool and store in an airtight container.
3g net carbs per serving (about ¼ cup of seeds)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size ¼ cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gSodium 75mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gProtein 8g