This low carb spaghetti squash au gratin is an amazing side dish with an extra special crunchy topping!
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’m a huge fan of spaghetti squash. But this simple topping makes it an extra special dish. What’s the secret ingredient? Why pork rinds, of course! They are perfect for coating and topping – they have so much flavor and remain crunchy. This has to be tried!
Roast the spaghetti squash. Ever since I read Eat Within Your Means’ article on how to cook spaghetti squash, I’ve been slicing it horizontally into rings, removing the seeds, then roasting it. It cooks MUCH quicker and you get super long strands of squash.
Scoop out the squash and place in a large bowl. Mix in some cream cheese, chopped sun dried tomatoes and generous amounts of salt and pepper.
In a bag, place the pork rinds and bash or massage into crumbs. A *very* satisfying task! Add in some grated Parmesan and shake to mix.
Spoon the spaghetti squash mixture into a baking dish, then pour the topping over the top. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. The crunchy topping is the perfect contrast to the soft and creamy squash.Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin #lowcarb #keto #atkins Click To Tweet
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 2 tbs sun dried tomatoes chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup pork rinds pork skins
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut the squash into slices, remove the seeds, then roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Scoop out the flesh and place in a bowl. Add the cream cheese, tomatoes and seasoning, then stir well.
- Crush the pork rinds to crumbs then mix with the Parmesan.
- Spoon the spaghetti squash mixture into a baking dish then cover with the pork rind mixture.
- Return to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
6g net carbs per serving.
If you love pork rinds, check out these 16 low carb ways to use them!
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!