This stuffed poblano dish has a real kick to it – what a great way to start your day! Low carb, keto, and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This Mexican-inspired breakfast dish is very filling and delicious! I also love to have the excuse to start the day with a bit of spice, too! The downside is that breakfast for me is usually rather a quick affair, and this takes time. So I tend to have this special meal at the weekends – or even at lunchtime!
How to Make Spicy Stuffed Poblano Breakfast
Prepare the poblano by removing the stem. Then cut down one side, open it up, and remove the seeds. Make any extra cuts you need to get the poblano to open out flat.
Spray the inside of the pepper with olive oil spray then roast on a baking sheet in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes. Towards the end of the cooking time, scramble some eggs with a little heavy cream. When the poblano is cooked, remove the blistered skin if required. Personally it doesn't bother me very much! Load up the poblano with the scrambled eggs and add some shredded cheese.
Return to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted. Season with black pepper and garnish with fresh cilantro and some extra red pepper flakes!
I love how the poblano softens and combines perfectly with the creamy scrambled eggs and cheese. The cilantro may seem like one thing too many for breakfast – but I personally love the pop of fresh herbs!Spicy Stuffed Poblano Breakfast #lowcarb #lowcarbbreakfast #lowcarbrecipes Click To Tweet
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- olive oil spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs shredded cheese
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare the poblano by removing stem, cutting down one side and opening out flat, then removing the seeds.
- Spray the inside of the poblano with a little olive oil spray and roast for 18-20 minutes.
- While the pepper is roasting, scramble the eggs with the heavy cream.
- Remove blackened poblano skin if preferred. Place the scrambled egg into the pepper, cover with cheese, and bake again until the cheese has melted - about 3-4 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and garnish with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes (if desired).
5g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 290Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 371mgSodium 319mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 18g
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!