This stuffed poblano dish has a real kick to it – what a great way to start your day!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This Mexican-inspired breakfast dish is very filling and delicious! I also love to have the excuse to start the day with a bit of spice, too! The downside is that breakfast for me is usually rather a quick affair, and this takes time. So I tend to have this special meal at the weekends – or even at lunchtime!
Prepare the poblano by removing the stem. Then cut down one side, open it up, and remove the seeds. Make any extra cuts you need to get the poblano to open out flat.
Spray the pepper with a little olive oil spray then roast on a baking sheet in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Towards the end of the cooking time, scramble some eggs with a little heavy cream. When the poblano is cooked, remove the blistered skin if required. Personally it doesn’t bother me very much! Load up the poblano with the scrambled eggs.
Top with shredded cheese and return to the oven for a few minutes until the cheese has melted. Garnish with fresh cilantro and some extra red pepper flakes!
Spicy Stuffed Poblano Breakfast #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 1 medium poblano pepper
- olive oil spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs heavy cream
- 2 tbs shredded cheese
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro chopped
- red pepper flakes optional
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Prepare the poblano by removing stem, removing seeds, cutting down one side and opening out flat.
- Spray the poblano with a little olive oil spray and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- While the pepper is roasting, scramble the eggs with the heavy cream.
- Remove blackened poblano skin if preferred. Place the scrambled egg into the pepper, cover with cheese, and bake again until the cheese has melted - about 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes (if desired).
5g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!