These Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders are the ultimate finger food – perfect for your next party or a kid friendly treat!
What could be better than good old fashioned chicken tenders? Well, wrapping them in crispy bacon, obviously. 😉 This easy low carb recipe makes a great appetizer or even an easy weeknight dinner idea. We served these up at our last tailgate party and they were a definite crowd pleaser!
These bacon wrapped chicken tenders are:
- Easy to make with just two ingredients! (plus salt and pepper.. duh.)
- A great low carb appetizer for parties.
- Perfect for a fun family friendly dinner.
- Tender and crispy!
Tips & Tricks
Use thin-sliced bacon for the best results
Thick-sliced bacon can be too overpowering, difficult to wrap well around the chicken tenders, and may not cook evenly.
Meal Prep Tip
If you're short on time, you can wrap the bacon around the chicken tenders the night before and keep them in the fridge until you're ready to toss them in the oven to bake.
Make it a meal
Use other chicken cuts
Instead of using chicken tenders, try using chicken thighs or breasts. Just cut them into small pieces before wrapping them in bacon.
Add some spice!
I kept this recipe really simple with just basic salt and pepper for seasoning. But you can season the chicken tenders with your own favorites – garlic, smoked paprika, chili powder, or a Mexican spice blend would all be great choices.
Place a small slice of your favorite cheese (cheddar, pepper jack, or mozzarella all work well) on top of each chicken tender before wrapping it in bacon.
A flavor twist
For a sweet and savory twist, try brushing the bacon-wrapped chicken tenders with a mixture of honey and Dijon mustard before baking. Yum!
Add a dipping sauce
More Low Carb Ideas
If you love these Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders, don't miss these other tasty ideas:
- 1 lb chicken tenders (or about 10 tenders)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 10 slices bacon
- Preheat the oven to 400 F, line a baking sheet with foil and place a roasting rack on top.
- Sprinkle the chicken tenders with salt and pepper, then tightly wrap each tender with bacon until the whole tender has a layer of bacon
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until chicken is cooked through.
- For extra crispy bacon, broil 1-2 minutes per side before removing from the oven