This filling low carb cheese soup is warming and comforting – and it comes with a spicy kick! LCHF and gluten free recipe.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
November. It’s cold. It’s suddenly dark all the time. What we need is warm fires, cozy clothes, and comfort food. Soup! That’s what we need. With that in mind I was shopping at my local Walmart the other day when I saw the bags of Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese and the 16oz Mexican Four Cheese bag caught my eye (they also have 24oz bags!!). I originally thought of making this soup with just cheese – but then I thought of adding pickled jalapeños and the recipe was decided!
This is so easy to make! Add chicken stock, heavy cream, onion powder, chopped jalapenos and a cup of the shredded cheese to a saucepan. Cook gently over a low heat until the cheese had melted, stirring regularly.
When each cup of cheese has melted, add another cup of cheese – until you have added three cups. Yes, this is a SUPER cheesy soup!
The soup will thicken as the cheese is added. Taste for seasoning and add black pepper if necessary. Salt shouldn’t be needed for this soup.
Pour the soup into serving bowls – this recipe serves two GENEROUS potions for a large lunch. Perfect for warming up after a walk or hike on a cold day! Garnish with a few jalapeño slices, plus a sprinkle of either paprika or chipotle powder.This comforting #lchf cheese soup has added jalapenos for a spicy kick! Click To Tweet
Low Carb Cheese Soup with Jalapeños
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 cup chicken stock 8 fl oz
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs pickled jalapeños chopped
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- black pepper to taste
- paprika or chipotle powder to garnish
- Add the stock, cream, onion powder, jalapeños and 1 cup of the cheese to a saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring regularly until the cheese has melted.
- Add the remaining cheese, one cup at a time, until it has all been added and melted and the soup has thickened.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls garnished with paprika or chipotle, plus extra jalapeños, if liked.
If you have some leftover shredded meat it would be a nice addition to this cheese soup. What would you add to it?
Check out my Low Carb Mexican Recipes Ebook!
If you adore Mexican food, you'll love this ebook collection of 18 delicious low carb Mexican recipes!