This filling low carb cheese soup is warming and comforting – and it comes with a spicy kick! LCHF and gluten free recipe.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
November. It's cold. It's suddenly dark all the time. What we need is warm fires, cozy clothes, and comfort food. Soup! That's what we need. With that in mind I was shopping at my local Walmart the other day when I saw the bags of Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese and the 16oz Mexican Four Cheese bag caught my eye (they also have 24oz bags!!). I originally thought of making this soup with just cheese – but then I thought of adding pickled jalapeños and the recipe was decided!
By the way, if you love soup, be sure to check out all my low carb soup recipes!
How to Make Low Carb Cheese Soup with Jalapeños
This is so easy to make! Add chicken stock, heavy cream, onion powder, chopped jalapeños and a cup of the shredded cheese to a saucepan. For the broth I highly recommend Kettle & Fire – their products are SO good! Cook gently over a low heat until the cheese had melted, stirring regularly.
When each cup of cheese has melted, add another cup of cheese – until you have added three cups. Yes, this is a SUPER cheesy soup!
The soup will thicken as the cheese is added. Taste for seasoning and add black pepper if necessary. Salt shouldn't be needed for this soup.
Pour the soup into serving bowls – this recipe serves two GENEROUS potions for a large lunch. Perfect for warming up after a walk or hike on a cold day! Garnish with a few jalapeño slices, plus a sprinkle of either paprika or chipotle powder.This comforting #lchf cheese soup has added jalapenos for a spicy kick! Click To Tweet
- 1 cup chicken stock, 8 fl oz
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs pickled jalapeños, chopped
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- paprika or chipotle powder, to garnish
- Add the stock, cream, onion powder, jalapeños and 1 cup of the cheese to a saucepan.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring regularly until the cheese has melted.
- Add the remaining cheese, one cup at a time, until it has all been added and melted and the soup has thickened.
- Add black pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls garnished with paprika or chipotle, plus extra jalapeños, if liked.
8g net carbs per serving based on two large portions
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 1039Total Fat 93gSaturated Fat 56gCholesterol 322mgSodium 1512mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 44g