This low carb creamy sun dried tomato sauce is the perfect addition to a grilled chicken breast! Keto, gluten free and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The sauce for this dish is super easy to make. The tomatoes do contain a few carbs but they add such a burst of flavor I love including them!
For this recipe, you can cook the chicken breasts however you would like. My preferred method is to use a meat tenderizer and flatten them out, then cook them on the grill, in the oven or on a grill pan.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Heat a small skillet and add some olive oil. Add finely chopped onions, garlic paste and chopped sun dried tomatoes. Sauté over a low-medium heat until the onion has softened. Add some heavy cream and let the sauce simmer for a few minutes until it has thickened.
Test the sauce for seasoning and add salt and black pepper if desired. Place the chicken on a serving plate and pour the sauce over the chicken.
This pairs perfectly with a crisp green salad! Something like my radish and cucumber salad would be wonderful!Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce #lowcarb Click To Tweet
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 oz onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- 2 tbs sun dried tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
- Add the olive oil to a small skillet and place over a low-medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic paste and tomatoes, and saute until the onions have softened.
- Add the cream, and cook for a few minutes until bubbling, and the sauce has thickened.
- Check for seasoning, add salt and black pepper as necessary. Serve over grilled chicken.
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!