These cucumber noodles are paired with fragrant garlic shrimp in this delicious low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly meal!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I've mentioned zoodles (zucchini noodles) many times on this blog – but have you tried coodles? Yes, that's noodles made from cucumber! They pair perfectly with the wonderfully fragrant garlic shrimp.
How to Make Garlic Shrimp with Cucumber Noodles
Here are my top tips to ensure your final dish is not too watery:
As I'm sure you're aware, cucumber has a very high water content. So make sure to take some or all of these steps!
- Do not include the seeds of the cucumber when making the noodles
- After the “coodles” have been made, squeeze as much excess water out as possible by using a colander over a sink and/or paper towels
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer everything from the pan to a serving plate or bowl
- 1 tbs olive oil
- ½ tsp minced garlic or garlic paste
- 12 oz raw shrimp, de-veined and peeled, tail-on if preferred
- 1 tbs white wine
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, optional
- Prepare the cucumber noodles using a spiralizer, julienne peeler or preferred method.
- Remove as much excess liquid from the "coodles" as possible by squeezing them in a colander over the sink and/or paper towels.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet, then add the garlic. Fry for a few minutes, then add the shrimp and white wine. Continue cooking until the shrimp are cooked through.
- When the shrimp are cooked, add the cucumber and green onions to the pan, and cook for a few minutes to absorb the flavors.
- Use a slotted spoon to serve the cucumber and shrimp. Season with salt and black pepper and garnish with red pepper flakes, if using.
6g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 214mgSodium 1344mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 24g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.