This keto Alfredo soup is a rich and filling dish that's loaded with chicken and broccoli! Low carb and high fat recipe – and no blender required!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
My decadent low carb Alfredo sauce is one of the most popular recipes on this blog – and consists of a simple combination of butter, cream, Parmesan, and seasoning.
Here in the Midwest it's getting seriously cold – and although no snow YET – it feels like it could be arriving any day soon. So taking the Alfredo sauce and making it into a soup was the perfect idea for a cold day – and to make sure it was filling enough, I added chicken and broccoli. Warming, filling, perfection!
How to Make Keto Alfredo Soup
In a large saucepan, melt some butter. Add a little garlic paste and let sauté for a minute, stirring frequently.
Add some heavy cream and chicken broth – I love the Kettle & Fire brand!
Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Next, add some chopped cooked chicken and cooked broccoli florets.
Pour in some shredded Parmesan, and continue to cook until the soup starts to thicken, around 10 minutes. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
This soup is rich and filling – absolutely ideal for a cold day!
Check out all my low carb soup recipes!
- 1 oz (2 tbs) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chicken broth, eg Kettle & Fire
- 9 oz cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 10 oz cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and let sauté for a minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the cream and chicken broth and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Next, add the chicken, broccoli, and Parmesan, and continue to cook until the soup starts to thicken, around 10 minutes.
- Test for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
5g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the soup
Amount Per Serving Calories 515Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 159mgSodium 915mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 27g