Here’s a wonderful low carb meal for you to try: lamb chops with mint and basil butter!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This recipe is almost a combination of two recipes: Lamb Chops with Mint Gremolata and Tilapia with Parsley Anchovy Butter. I’ve taken the wonderful classic flavor duo of lamb and mint, but made a complementary herby compound butter to serve with it. Do you remember that I mentioned my overflowing herb garden when I made my herb crusted salmon a few days ago? Well, nothing has changed! So I added some basil to the mint – although it hasn’t made much of a dent in the supply!
The butter needs to be prepared in advance, but it is super easy to make. Chop the herbs as finely as you can, and mash them into some softened butter, together with garlic paste, salt, and black pepper. Place the herby butter onto a piece of plastic wrap, and roll it around to form it into a log shape. Twist the ends of the plastic wrap tightly and place in the fridge until it has hardened.
When you are ready to eat, season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, then grill until they are done to your liking. Slice the hardened butter into coins; the cross-section of herbs looks beautiful!
Place the butter over the meat. The flavors of the butter will melt into the lamb – it has such a fantastic taste!
Lamb Chops with Mint and Basil Butter - #lowcarb entree recipe Click To Tweet
Lamb Chops with Mint and Basil ButterPrint
- Large handful fresh mint leaves
- Small handful fresh basil leaves
- 4 tbs unsalted butter softened
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- salt and black pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops
- Finely chop the herbs. Mash them with a fork into the softened butter, together with the garlic paste, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the herby butter onto a piece of plastic wrap, and roll it around to form it into a log shape. Twist the ends of the plastic wrap tightly and place in the fridge until it has hardened.
- When you are ready to eat, preheat the grill/broiler.
- Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper, then grill until they are done to your liking.
- To serve, slice the hardened butter into coins, and place over the meat.
0.4g net carbs per serving