Are you ready to enjoy some amazing low carb avocado toast? Grab some low carb bread and get creative! Here are 14 toppings to start you off!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
OK so I’m a bit late in joining the super trendy Avocado Toast craze – but I figured I’d make up for it by providing you with 14 options! Here are the key elements (in case it wasn’t obvious!):
- Low carb bread. I don’t make my own, I buy it – and I make no apologies for it! Check out my guide to buying low carb bread.
- Ripe avocado. It has to be squishy enough that you can mash it easily with a fork, and I reckon about one avocado for two slices of toast is ideal.
- Salt and pepper.
Toast the bread, mash the avocado onto the toast, season. Done.
After that, of course, you can get creative. Maybe a dash of lime juice or hot sauce? Once I’d started making avocado toast – I couldn’t stop! It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even a snack!
Here are some options that you will be the perfect topping to your low carb avocado toast:
- Marinated mushrooms
- Bacon and a shake of chipotle powder
- Smoked salmon and fresh dill
- Red pepper flakes
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Deli turkey and wholegrain mustard
- Mini (2oz) burrata, fresh basil, and cherry tomatoes
- Hard or soft boiled eggs
- Buffalo sauce and blue cheese crumbles
- Cucumber slices
- Fried or poached egg
- Pesto and grated Parmesan
- Baby spinach and feta cheese
Do you have any other favorite toppings for your low carb avocado toast? Let me know in the comments!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!