These low carb crostini are loaded with herbed cheese and cranberry sauce! A fantastic combination of flavors and textures for your holiday celebrations!
This post may contain affiliate links.
This recipe requires only three essential ingredients: the base, the cheese, and the sauce! For the sauce I have used my low carb cranberry sauce and here is a how-to video:
The crostini base options I have listed below – they are all low carb and each have different flavor and texture profiles! So that just leaves the cheese! I recommend a herbed goat cheese, cream cheese, or as I used in the photos here, Boursin (I used the basil and chive variety but garlic and fine herbs or black pepper would also work well). It just needs to be soft and spreadable.
The fruitiness of the sauce with the soft cheese and the crunchy base – so good! Ideal for serving at any Thanksgiving, Christmas, or holiday gathering.
What's in this Article?
Low Carb Crostini Base Options
- Low carb toast (check out my guide on buying low carb bread!)
- Dixie USA Baked Bagel Chips
- Flackers (flaxseed crackers)
- Sliced jicama
- Carbolicious Melba Toast
- Or you could make homemade tortilla chips from low carb tortillas!
How to Make Low Carb Crostini with Cranberries and Herbed Cheese
Unless you are using up leftovers, make the cranberry sauce and leave to cool.
If using low carb bread for the base, cut the slices into quarters and place them on a baking sheet. Brush with a little olive oil (you could skip this step if you were short on time).
Toast in a preheated oven for 3-5 minutes on each side, then spread the herbed cheese over the toast.
Add a spoonful of the cranberry sauce and finish with some thinly sliced fresh basil leaves.
Your family and guests will love them!
- Preheat the oven to 375F (190C).
- Place the bread quarters on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Brush with a little olive oil, then toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of the herbed cheese over the toast.
- Add a teaspoon of the cranberry sauce to each crostini and finish with the basil.
- Serve immediately.
1g net carbs per serving of two crostini (based on using zero carb bread like Lewis Bake Shop)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 crostini
Amount Per Serving Calories 82Total Fat 5.9gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 4mgSodium 198mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 4gProtein 4g