These Halloween brownies are a delicious treat for the whole family to enjoy! They’re low carb, sugar free, keto, LCHF, and gluten free.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Now I have to confess that these are version of my popular Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies, which I made for my book Low Carb Chocolate Recipes. But other than the addition of orange food dye to the cheesecake layer, I’ve improved the recipe a little, and changed the yield.
But the combination of the soft and creamy cheesecake layer over the chocolate brownie layer is still fantastic one – and definitely worth trying!
How to Make Halloween Brownies
Beat until smooth. Pour into an 8×8″ square tin lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
In a second stand mixer bowl (if you have one), whisk together some softened cream cheese, more sweetener, another egg and some vanilla extract. If you don’t have two bowls then you could clean out the first stand mixer bowl, or use a hand mixer for the cheesecake layer.
Add some orange food dye (I love gel food coloring), and stir well, until you reach a good color. It will darken as it bakes as you can see from my photos.
Spoon the mixture on top of the chocolate brownie layer. Use a skewer or toothpick to gently swirl the layers together.
Bake in a preheated oven for around 20-25 minutes or until the cheesecake topping is firm. Transfer the brownies to a cooling rack and let cool, then cut into 9 squares.
Amazing Low Carb Halloween Brownies! #lowcarb #lowcarbhalloween Click To Tweet
And if you’re looking for more inspiration, check out all my Low Carb Halloween recipes!
Low Carb Halloween Brownies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
for the brownie layer
- ¼ cup Lakanto
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
for the cheesecake layer
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbs Lakanto
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- orange food dye as needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 8x8" square tin lined with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- Cream together the butter and a low carb sweetener in a stand mixer. Add almond flour, eggs, unsweetened cocoa powder and baking powder, and beat until smooth. Pour into the prepared tin.
- In a clean stand mixer bowl, whisk together the softened cream cheese, more sweetener, another egg and some vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add the orange food dye (I love gel food coloring), and stir well, until you reach a good color.
- Spoon the mixture on top of the chocolate brownie layer. Use a skewer or toothpick to gently swirl the layers together.
- Bake for around 20-25 minutes or until the cheesecake topping is firm. Transfer the brownies to a cooling rack and let cool, then cut into 9 squares.
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!